Foley
Sounds
Foley is the reproduction of everyday sound effects which are
added in post production to enhance the quality of audio for films, television,
video, video games and radio. These
reproduced sounds can be anything from the swishing of clothing and footsteps
to squeaky doors and breaking glass. The best Foley art is so well integrated
into a film that it goes unnoticed by the audience. It helps to create a sense of reality within a scene. Without these
crucial background noises, movies feel unnaturally quiet and uncomfortable.
Foley sounds are used to enhance the auditory
experience of the movie. Foley can also be used to cover up unwanted sounds
captured on the set of a movie during filming, such as overflying airplanes or
passing traffic.
we must
understand that sound is an extremely key element to be ever used, sound has
many effects, it helps build tension, settle the tone or even to imply a
certain thing is a different way, sound has many more important ways to portray
different meanings and so on.
After watching the
Foley sounds clip, I learnt numerous things about Foley sounds. For instance,
initially I thought all diagetic sound was created within action. I thought
soundtracks were the only sound that were edited into the action, But after
watching the clip I realised apart from
dialogue, the majority of sound is created individually and then edited into
the action post production in order to support dialogue and action.
The clip has made me realize the importance of sound and editing, and the link between the two micro elements and I have also realized how much sound is altered before being part of the final production.

No comments:
Post a Comment