Thursday, 14 March 2013

Q4: Who would be the target audience for your media product? (Joel Ryan)



Question 4: Who would be the audience for your media product?

After creating our thriller film opening I believe our target audiences for the film will be 18 to 25 years old. However because of the nature of the film if it were to be distributed, then some people may argue it should receive a certificate of 18. Doing some background research about thriller films in general I have found that no matter what thriller sub genre the film has it seems that they are mostly watched by teenagers. However from further research I have found that a few years back thrillers films would have appealed for an older generation ranging from 30 to 50 years old. Film which would have come under this category is the ''Psycho'' series of films.

The film we developed was a psychological thriller so because it could consist of  some ''strong'' footage throughout the entire film, it would be  aimed at 18 year old's plus. I looked at IMDB list of the 50 top Psychological thrillers and I found that the majority were given a certificate of 18.
 
1.     Straw Dogs (1971)
2.     Irreversible (2002)
3.     The Shining
4.     Unthinkable
(Some films from the list)

 Based on our films unique selling point I think around 18 to 25 years old would be the perfect age to view our film. I say this because our films consist of a serial killer who targets teenagers and young adults and because of this I think this age group will be able to relate to the films quite deeply.



 



Instead of creating a Facebook profile of someone who our film would target, I decided to take a print screen of my face profile because I fit the target audience of the film.







No comments:

Post a Comment