Friday, 25 January 2013

Foley Sounds



Foley Sounds

Foley sounds are the reproduction of everyday sounds. The sound effects are added to the film during post-production. Without Foley, a film sounds empty and hollow as if the sound Foley sound effects are not controlled they can obstruct any of the dialogue. Foley sounds can also help establish a genre. As in the future we are going to base our final product on the ‘Thriller ’genre sound effects such as;

·      Footsteps,
·      Floor creaking
·      Paper folding,
·      Door’s opening and slamming,
·      Glass breaking,
·      Human screams
·      Heavy breathing

Can create suspense and tension following a convention of the genre. Personally I believe these sound effect can impact our work allowing the audience to understand and feel engaged with the action as for example if somebody was walking down a dark hallway the use of footsteps and heavy breathing can immediately create suspense hooking the audience, and making them feel as if something bad was to happen. From what I’ve researched I have come to an understanding that Foley sounds is an important factor for our production and editing stage.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment